Perform daily responsibilities related to accounts payable, which include:
- Keying invoices for payment into our Accounts Payable Software including utilities, employee reimbursements, and other recurring expenses.
- Work up invoices for processing including charging items out to specific branches and general ledgers, and sending invoices for approval to Senior Management.
- Become familiar with the Income Statement and Balance Sheet to make educated decisions on which general ledgers need to be charged for each expense.
- Assist branch personnel and vendors with any questions or issues relating to Accounting and accounts payable.
- Review the emailed invoice folder to ensure that invoices are being received and processed in a timely manner.
- Review invoices to ensure the bank was charged sales tax, and make appropriate entries as needed.
Work with vendors to ensure accurate billing.
Cross train with all members of the Accounts Payable area as well as the rest of the Accounting department, as time permits, for knowledge of the inner workings of the bank as a whole.
Will perform other duties as assigned.